City W.E. Pegues Funeral Saltillo
Why People Choose Traditional Funeral or Cremation Service in Saltillo, MS
At the passing of a loved one, many families find themselves needing to make the final arrangements. If the wishes of the deceased were known, this can occur without too much difficulty. But when little preparation is made in advance, the planning falls to the best guesses of those who knew the fallen in life. In such situations, a caring funeral and cremations provider in Saltillo, MS can be a bastion of support.
A professional funeral director can sit down with you in your need, offering comfort as they help you navigate the many decisions at hand. While there are several variations on how to honor the deceased, the final decision is always yours to make. You can discuss the specifics of your family’s situation in detail, but for now, here are a few of the details to consider about the different benefits of traditional funeral burials and cremation services:
Traditional Funeral Burial Advantages
The traditional funeral service and burial have been done for time immemorial. It gives a sense of closure to those who grieve the deceased, marking their passing with a formal remembrance and a fixed location of burial. In modern times, we have designed services that meet our societal needs. A traditional burial and funeral service generally includes a viewing reception, a funeral gathering, and a commemorative committal at the grave. A qualified funeral home and cremation service in Saltillo, MS is adept at planning and conducting such services.
- Viewing Reception: In some circles, this occasion is called a visitation, or wake service. It is an opportunity for surviving friends and family to informally gather together in support of one another with the body of the deceased present. They are able to see the remains of their loved one which has been embalmed, dressed, and groomed for the reception.
- Funeral Service: After the viewing service, many families will attend a formal service in honor of the fallen. The funeral service is conducted with a focus on the life story, character, personality, achievements, etc. of the person who has died. The body is present, laid in a casket before the attendees. It is a tribute service to mark the occasion of their passing.
- Graveside Commemoration: When the deceased is taken in to their burial site, sometimes a small family procession will follow. Close friends may be invited to attend as well. In this intimate final goodbye, a few final thoughts might be shared by the service leader and family. The fallen is then lowered into the earth for burial, and the services are concluded.
Traditional funerals are a powerful reminder of what is most important in life. We are born, we live for a time, and then we die. What we choose to do while we live and breathe is up to each of us. A funeral helps us to remember the value of every life, and the wonder of it all.
Cremation Care Advantages
Cremations can be performed in a variety of ways, ranging from a cremation with services to direct cremation care without any commemoration. Although different than a burial, this disposition style is no less dignified of the deceased’s remains.
- Price: The cost of cremation care is less than a traditional funeral. There is no need to pay for embalmment, casket, vault, or full-sized burial plot. The needs of the survivors remain, and many families are choosing to minimize the cost of care by choosing cremation as the chosen means to care for their fallen loved ones.
- Environmentally Responsible: For those families that are seeking a way to lower the impact of deathcare on the planet, cremation is a step in the right direction. It can avoid the single-use of precious resources such as hardwoods, metals, and other goods. Cremation can also avoid embalming chemicals when no viewing service is to be held.
- Portable: Cremation provides an easy means of transfer. The ash remains can be kept within urns or other monument keepsake items that can be ported anywhere the family may go. If the family prefers it, they can also place their loved one’s ashes in an urn vault within a columbarium niche or other sealed burial site. This flexibility is ideal for families that are mobile.
- Memorial Services: The body of the deceased does not need to be in attendance at a memorial service. This makes it possible for families and friends to gather together in commemoration of the fallen at a later time than a funeral would require.
Quality Funeral and Cremation Care in Saltillo, MS
At W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors, we pride ourselves on the quality of care we offer to the families of our community. It is our highest honor to serve as a preferred funeral home and cremations provider in Saltillo, MS. Call on us for support in your hour of need.